Sunday, May 10, 2009

Dear mothers.


Mothers Day takes on an entirely new meaning now that I am a mother. I've always admired the mothers in my life before, but now I have a new appreciation for them. So I would like to wish them all a Happy Mothers Day. To my friend Tiffani, who is the most passionate mother I know - investing so much time in research and energy in making sure she is doing the best thing for Holden. To my other friend from home, Dawn, who has shown me how important it is to have a sense of humor about your children. I have never met someone who loves being pregnant so much! To my friends Heidi and Kimbo who have the two happiest little boys I know. They are obviously doing something right to make those little boys so loveable. To my friend Penner, who may not have her own children, but is a mother to tons of kids every year at her job. Her patience amazes me! To my other friend Audra, who is a mother to everyone she meets, and is always on my side. To my other friend Dawn, who just had her fourth child this year - she has shown me the importance of investing and nurturing your child's gifts - and she has some very gifted children! To my sister-in-law Amy, who has three of the most energetic little boys I've ever met - I admire her energy and the way she can provide experiences for her children that they will always remember. To my other sister-in-laws, Becca and Carrie - who I know will make the most fantastic mothers some day. To my two grandmothers - one taught me the importance of hugs and kisses, and the other taught me the importance of hard work - two things that I will carry with me my entire life. To my mother-in-law who has accepted me into her family from the very beginning and has showered us all with love. And most importantly, to my own mother......I am strong and independent because I was raised no other way. You have loved me more than I sometimes deserved, and have picked me up when I have reached my lowest points. Because of you and dad I don't know what it is like to feel like I can't achieve anything that I put my mind to. Thank you for pushing me to do my best. Thank you for fostering my creativity. Thank you for making me go to school when I didn't want to, and for teaching me the importance of hard work. Thank you for telling me "no" sometimes and for the times you told me "yes." Thank you for being my mom and for being such a fun grandma to Miles. I love you mom!
This morning I woke up to Miles playing me a special Mother's Day song. :)

1 comments:

Audieb said... Best Blogger Tips[Reply to comment]Best Blogger Templates

Ah, Tiff... you made me cry!! I hope you know how much I admire you and all you do... you have more energy and drive than anyone I have ever met and I know you are and always will be a wonderful mother. Thank you for keeping up on the blog but it's making me very impatient about meeting Miles. I can't wait anymore!! Talk to you soon! Love and kisses, Auntie Audra