Wednesday, June 3, 2009

Miles is still sleeping - gasp!

Disclaimer....I wrote this post last Wednesday, and am just now posting it....go figure.


It is officially 8:43 am as I write this and I can't believe it, but Miles is still asleep. That is exactly 1 hour and 42 minutes past is usually body alarm clock that seems to be inalterable. I'm already showered and sitting down with my tea....this is the life I pictured when I thought about staying home. That is exactly why I am going to package it up into my memory, because I'm sure it will never happen again. :) Although I will admit that 10 minutes ago I went it to make sure he was still breathing.....he was - obviously.

We've had an exciting few weeks of birthday celebrations with our families for Miles. Like I mentioned in the last post, we went out to Ohio to visit and then celebrated with my parents out there. Then this weekend, on Sunday we went to the Shedd Aquarium with Dustin's family to celebrate, and then to Rainforest Cafe. It was also Wyatt's birthday - he was turning 7 - so it was a pretty cool birthday for him too I think. I have never been either place in my many trips and even the brief time I lived in Chicago, but it was a lot of fun to watch the boys experience all of it, and to see their reactions to the animals in the Rainforest Cafe. Miles didn't know what to think at first, but it definitely didn't deter him from eating his french fries....like anything really could. :)

In other news, I am almost finished building Miles' sandbox. It's nothing special, but after seeing him outside, I know he'll love it..... if nothing else, he'll love eating it. :) I tried to convince Dustin that he would also LOVE a big underground pool, but Dustin doesn't seem to think that is in the near future. Until then I guess Miles and I will just have to splash around in medium sized tubs of water outside. :)

Well, by the time I actually upload photographs and post this I'm sure Miles will be awake and that it will either be much later in the day, or actually tomorrow.
Miles loves water so much that when I was working on his sandbox I decided to fill a tub with water for him to play in.  


Collin and Becca sent Miles a cute Little People Farm Building set for his birthday which he LOVES!  He loves stacking things and the blocks go along with some of his other Little People toys.  
Thanks Uncle Collin and Aunt Becca!
Miles playing with his new dump truck from Nana and Papa courtesy of his birthday!
He was so excited that he started whining before we could even get it out of the packaging.

We also have video of Miles chasing the remote control car that his cousins and Uncle Matt and Aunt Amy gave him.  He loves chasing it around and even pushing the button himself.  That will have to be posted later.



0 comments: