Sunday, January 31, 2010

The Big 3-0

This weekend was a big one for me...perhaps my biggest in 2010 thus far (okay, I realize there haven't been many yet.)

Last night I went out with some of my favorite people in Central Illinois to celebrate my birthday and graduation. They all humored me with a fantastic time at Water Street Cafe and a night full of special memories and lavish gifts (which they were all instructed NOT to bring). I loved what everyone got me and will definitely love using all of the gifts in the near future, however there was one gift that actually brought me to tears. I'm not much of a "mom" jewelry type of person. I love my kids, but I'm not sure if I would ever wear their birthstones on a pendant around my neck. I've seen other people do it, and it looks very nice, but it just isn't really my style. However, my friend Courtney surprised me with this beautiful, yet simple necklace.

 As soon as I saw it I teared up. I have a feeling it will be very special, and someday I can hopefully even continue to add more little shapes to it. She bought it off Etsy.com and the artists was Silver Me Pendants. www.silvermependants.com.

Monkey slippers AND monkey - thanks Nana for the awesome slippers to keep our feet warm!


Today was my birthday. Not just any birthday, but the big 3-0. Most people have been sharing their condolences with me and telling me that I can just say I'm 29 forever. The truth is that I've been looking forward to turning 30. I loved my 20's, and even my teens, and everywhere I read you hear about your 30s being the best, so I can only imagine how fantastic they are going to be. Plus, I have a few friends that are already 30 and they make it look really fabulous. This morning my husband spoiled me by letting me sleep in until 8:00. I was finally then awoken by the cutest little mailman (in adorable tight little pajamas) who had a special delivery for me - a big kiss and a card. Following behind him was another adorable, but much larger and quite handsome man carrying breakfast in bed. It was a great way to start the day. :)
Miles in his big-boy bed - just implemented this week.  He loves it and did a great job transitioning.


Tomorrow marks the end of my big weekend by my inevitable return to work. Unlike last time I am looking forward to it. Perhaps it is because I know that I will be okay. Maybe it is because dealing with 108 high school students in the course of the day is still a little easier than pleasing two babies under two that can't go outside because it is terribly cold. It could also be because I know that summer will get here soon and I'll get to have that entire time with my boys....AND we'll actually get to go outside. Whatever it is, it is still bittersweet. Liam seems too little and Miles and I have been having too much fun. However, we have a great nanny and everything is bound to go smoothly. What is also making it hard is that the three of us just this week figured out a nice little routine that suited all of us so well. Now I guess the nanny will have to figure out her own routine. I'm sure there will be tears and maybe even a few fits tomorrow, but I'll try to get it all out of the way before the boys even wake up, or save it for the car-ride to work. Either way I will miss my boys (and of course Days of Our Lives and The View). :)
Miles showing Liam his toy giraffe.  Miles loves squeezing it for him. 


3 comments:

Jen said... Best Blogger Tips[Reply to comment]Best Blogger Templates

Happy Birthday!!

Take it from someone well into her 30-somethings, your 30's will be absolutely wonderful and so much better than your 20's!

Megan said... Best Blogger Tips[Reply to comment]Best Blogger Templates

Happy Birthday! You have a much better attitude about entering the 30's than I did, I may or may not have cried lol!

Love that necklace!

Cori said... Best Blogger Tips[Reply to comment]Best Blogger Templates

Happy birthday and best of luck for the back to work transition!