Saturday, February 13, 2010

Right now

A year ago I was working at and owning an art gallery that could barely pay rent.
A year ago I was waiting for a travel call that wouldn't come for another month and half.
A year ago the only child I had was living around the world and being raised by someone else. 
A year ago I spent every Friday night at a wine bar listening to fantastic music and serving delicious wine.
A year ago I was surrounded by friends all of the time, never running out of things to do and social activities to enjoy.
A year ago I was sad but hopeful.

Right now I am sitting in a coffee house all by myself.
Right now I am sitting in a seat that has sun streaming through the window
Right now three boys are sleeping at my house and my most recent memory of them has them sleeping silently, safe, and snuggled up in bed.
Right now I am drawing out new jewelry designs - something I haven't done for a year according to my sketchbook.
Right now I am happy and content.

1 comments:

Katie said... Best Blogger Tips[Reply to comment]Best Blogger Templates

Happy and content are such a great thing to be! Enjoy the weekend....

Katie M.