Monday, March 8, 2010

thankful

This morning I was doing my morning devotions when I came across a prayer journal that I used to keep.  I am not sure why I stopped writing in it, but I decided to pick it up again today to see what I had written before.  This was the last entry....

March 18, 2009


Yesterday was VERY hard.  I came home, crawled into bed and never wanted to get out.  My heart aches for Miles to get here.  Today's reading talks about turning to God in times of anguish.  That is the best word I can think of to describe this - anguish.


That was almost exactly a year ago, and boy has my life changed.  My prayers have been answered - ten fold.  I have forgotten how sad March was for me.  I was very good at waiting until the middle of February - which was when other families that had received referrals after us had started getting travel calls.  This is the closest I've come to knowing depression.
On March 24, 2009 we got our travel call.  On March 27th we knew Liam was also on his way.  On March 29th we were on a plane for Korea.  Praise God.

One year later (this morning) I had to call my husband as I pulled out of the driveway to tell him to get his completely nude son out of the giant picture window in the front of our house. (He was waving quite energetically - the neighborhood got quite a show.)

3 comments:

sue said... Best Blogger Tips[Reply to comment]Best Blogger Templates

this is a beautiful post - except for the nudist in the window part ;) - but you know what i mean. it is amazing how things change in a year!

Jill said... Best Blogger Tips[Reply to comment]Best Blogger Templates

Oh my word, I cracked up at the naked waving toddler in the picture window part of the story...

how wonderfully different this March will be for you than last year's. It sounds like finding that journal entry right now was a positive way for you to reflect on all the amazing changes you've experienced since then.

God is so good.

nancy and eric schwartz said... Best Blogger Tips[Reply to comment]Best Blogger Templates

love it!