Sunday, June 6, 2010

6 months


Dear Liam,
Happy 6 month birthday.  These months have gone so quickly I just can't believe it.  Everyday you leave your mom and dad in such wonder.  I am in awe of the speed you are growing and the things you are doing every week.  You've only been here 6 months and I can't imagine our lives without you.  Do you know my favorite part about you?  It is definitely, without a doubt, your smile.  It warms my heart when I see it.  That smile is so unconditional, so loving, and so much fun.  It takes over your whole face, and then jumps across space to anyone who is in the wake of it.  It is infectious, giggle worthy, and completely unpredictable.  I hope to see it for the rest of my life.
So what other things have you been up to recently?  Perhaps the thing that has most surprised me - and the thing that no one else would think about would be how you no longer need me to put your pacifier in for you at night and during naps.  You have total control over that thing, which makes me very happy, but also makes me a little sad.  It is just another sign that you are growing up too quickly. 
You make your brother laugh all of the time - and it's not always because you're crying. :)  He also makes you laugh like crazy.  I just know that you are going to be great friends.  Three days ago you woke up with your first two teeth.  About a week ago you started trying out baby food and you have really gotten the hang of it.  You are sitting up on your own - which you much prefer for the ultimate playing angle.  I think you will be crawling soon too.  Already, if I leave the room for just a moment, I will find you in a completely different position/spot/angle than when I left.
Perhaps your biggest accomplishment has been that you have been sleeping through the night.  I think you'll enjoy the benefits of doing so, and I wish for you and long life of solid sleepy nights (I promise you that although this has selfish undertones, it is going to pay off in the end for you and me.)
Everyone says you look like your dad - even going so far as to call you "Little Dustin."  Luckily your dad is pretty darn handsome. 
You have a head full of invisible white hair that no one can see unless they are within inches of it.  You still have your "cough cry" as your Uncle Isaac calls it.  You are completely over cuddling, unless it fits into your schedule and you are totally tired.  You love stroller rides (by "love" I mean you sit quietly and soak everything in without making a peep).
Other things you love....
  • this little weird light-up sea horse that plays music when you're falling asleep.
  • you silky - I ordered a second one in case of emergency.
  • avocado and apples
  • rolling over
  • the walker
  • having a clean diaper
  • baths - you LOVE baths!
  • your little giraffe teether squeaker thingy
  • wearing no pants - you get that from your mom and older brother. :)
I am excited to see where the next six months lead us, although it is also bittersweet to see you grow up so quickly.
I love you forever,
your mom

1 comments:

Kristen said... Best Blogger Tips[Reply to comment]Best Blogger Templates

he does have a great smile - that picture is so cute!

Great idea to record all the little moments of life right now that would otherwise be forgotten. It really does go by so fast.