Wednesday, August 25, 2010

How to successfully end a summer....

Bye Bye Summer....

I've heard so many of my teacher friends talking about their summer being over.  For many teachers, it ended awhile ago.  For some incredibly lucky reason, I got about two weeks added to the end of my summer.  That lucky reason was - building remodeling.  Don't think for a minute that I'm lucky enough to ALSO go back to a renovated room.  But I'm not complaining!  Two more weeks to bask in summer's warmth is enough luck for me. I keep seeing my coworkers on facebook talk about "getting back into the grind" and the dread that comes along with it.  The truth is that I still feel like I have tons of time - almost a whole week yet!  I realize I am so lucky.

What am I going to do before the end of summer?
  • A quick trip to Chicago
  • Finish another book
  • Go out to lunch
  • Go on a bikeride on a trail I've never been on.
  • Go out for morning coffee with my husband - a lot.
  • Make more jewelry
  • Edit a few more pictures
  • Update photo albums
  • Finish our home renovation project(s)
  • Write a few letters
  • Organize my desk
  • Watch the Netflix movie we got about 3 weeks ago
  • Blog about some things I've been meaning to blog about (this isn't one of them)
  • Paint my toenails
  • Jump on beds
  • Go on walks at Forest Park Nature Center
What am I NOT going to do before the end of summer?
  • Clean my house
  • Clean my windows
  • Empty the dishwasher (I would rather wash dishes between each meal)
  • Break a sweat
Oh yeah, and somewhere in there I need to plan something for my students to do the first week of school....no sweat.

2 comments:

Elizabeth Frick said... Best Blogger Tips[Reply to comment]Best Blogger Templates

I like that list!

Kristen said... Best Blogger Tips[Reply to comment]Best Blogger Templates

WOW - you're going to accomplish in two weeks what's taken me all summer to do! Enjoy the unexpected time off - that's a nice way to start the school year.