Thursday, October 14, 2010

NOW this is starting to look familiar...

Liam at 10 Months, 9 Days Old - 12 hours away from being completely predictable...

For the past 10 months I have been worried, flustered, confused, unsure, and many other emotions - none of which equal confidence. 
Everyone that has children spends time trying to figure out what the right thing is to do when...."what is okay for them to eat"..."when do they roll over?"..."how many words should they have by 24 months."...However....I have yet to meet someone that was figuring out two firsts at once. 
I had Miles - the toddler.  What in the world is normal for a toddler?!  (I know now that NOTHING is really normal.)
I had Liam - the infant.  The unique thing about our situation is that I had a toddler, but had never had an infant until the moment Liam was born. 
Miles was 10 months and 10 days old when he came home - the same age that Liam will be tomorrow when he wakes up.

What do I have planned?  First of all, I'll know everything.  What do 10 month, 10 day old eat? Check.  How mobile are 10 month, 10 day old babies?  Check.  Why is this 10 month, 10 day old crying?  Duh.

I've been waiting for this moment so that I can start approaching this parenting thing like an old pro.  Tomorrow when Liam wakes up I will already know everything about anything he could ever need from me....BEEN THERE, DONE THAT, BOO-YAH. 

This is of course assuming that he'll wake up tomorrow a completely different little boy that is exactly like his older brother.  I'll let you know how this 10-month-and-10-day-in-the-making event goes. 

2 comments:

Jill (the blogger) said... Best Blogger Tips[Reply to comment]Best Blogger Templates

I have been following your blog for awhile (I'm one of your sister in law Carrie best friends). And I have to come out of lurkdome to tell you how much I enjoy your blog. It totally puts mine to shame, but that's okay. This particular post really had me laughing this morning...good luck with your predictability plan :)

Kristen said... Best Blogger Tips[Reply to comment]Best Blogger Templates

Prior to our 2nd adoption, I had heard so much from parents of multiple children about how easy parenting is the 2nd time around. Imagine my shock, upon adopting our second son, that he insisted on behaving differently than his older brother.

Perhaps my case is just unusual - I'm sure tomorrow you will wake up to a child you suddenly have all figured out :)