Saturday, May 28, 2011

Ladies and Gentlemen, may I have your attention....

Perhaps some of you are still reeling from this post.  Perhaps, most likely, some of you have better things to worry about and have completely forgotten how I wrote that cruel, elusive post almost 4 weeks ago.  I would hate me too.

However, for those of you that have waited so patiently, or not so patiently.
Are you ready?

Dun. Dun. Dun.......

We are Northern Ireland bound.  On September 18th we will pack up our family and move across the ocean for a two-year term as volunteers at a retreat center outside of Ballycastle, Northern Ireland.
That's big, right?
Scary big.
Like, I'm speechless, Big.
When I told my dearest friend for years and years that we were doing this, she was shocked...because I'm not good with change.  Which you will all have front-row seats to over then next four months.

The last few weeks have been filled with a lot of things.  I've been blogging, but not posting.  I'm going to post those things over the next few days, so that someday my sons can read them and see how this idea formulated and took shape in our minds.  How it wasn't an easy decision, but it was a decision that felt right from the very beginning.
To say that I'm excited would be an understatement.
To say that I'm terrified would also be a gross simplification of terms.
To say that I've never felt more at peace about a decision in my life?  Now that would be incredibly accurate.  

There will be many more details to follow.  Many more freak-outs, and many more tears.  I'm just warning y'all.
Buckle up, because we're about to go on an adventure.

4 comments:

IP Journey said... Best Blogger Tips[Reply to comment]Best Blogger Templates

Wow! So exciting! Looking forward to hearing about this new adventure!

everythingismeowsome said... Best Blogger Tips[Reply to comment]Best Blogger Templates

okay, finally, I'm caught up! How exciting--I can't wait to follow along on your journey!

Wendy V. said... Best Blogger Tips[Reply to comment]Best Blogger Templates

That is so exciting! Just for the record, your post about putting your house up for sale made me cry! Can't wait to read about your new journey.

Jill said... Best Blogger Tips[Reply to comment]Best Blogger Templates

Thinking of you all as you prepare for the changes that lie ahead!