Monday, May 23, 2011

Random thoughts....

One of my favorite, and most quirky things about Liam right now is his love affair with tiny plastic toys. Right now, as I type this, my son sleeps soundly in his crib clutching a rubber nemo bath toy that he insisted on taking to bed with him.  Last night it was a plastic car.  A few weeks ago it was a spoon.  He doesn't just sleep with it, he clutches it close to his heart all day long - never letting it out of his sight. 
The most popular victim is this tiny little Ernie doll playing baseball. 
 He continuously asks for "Er-ie" throughout the day.  Yesterday he took his nap with the orange guy and everytime I checked on him he was in a different position, but always holding Ernie.

I thought this was all incredibly crazy....until I found out that my husband once slept with a Christmas Ornament as a young boy.  sheesh, the poor kid is doomed.

And just because I haven't posted any pictures in awhile.....


Oh!  And one more thing.  I wanted to show off this super sweet toy box my grandpa made for Miles and Liam.  I asked him to build it at Christmas, and when he showed it to me at Easter I was stunned by how gorgeous it is.  I think it may be one of the most beautiful things I own, and I will cherish for a very long time.





Now, I need to get to bed....because when I wake up tomorrow morning I will be a mother of a three year old.  Can you believe it?  I'm still trying to wrap my head around it.

2 comments:

everythingismeowsome said... Best Blogger Tips[Reply to comment]Best Blogger Templates

that toy box is so awesome! What a treasure for your boys!

Jill said... Best Blogger Tips[Reply to comment]Best Blogger Templates

Cute pics! That toy box is beautiful. And happy birthday Miles!