Tuesday, May 24, 2011

T.H.R.E.E.

Dear Miles.
Today you're three.  That's right - THREE.  I can hardly believe it.
I can hardly believe I'm so lucky to know you, to love you, and to have you in my life.
When I think of how you came to me, I can't even begin to believe how amazing of a journey it has been.
It has been a sad journey......but more than that it has been a happy, joyful, beautiful journey.
Things I love about your three-year-old-tornado-in-bermuda-shorts-self....
I love your easy way of laughing.
I love when you kiss your brother good night.
I love when you jump on your bed and laugh hysterically.
I love when you lie down on the floor and play with tractors.
I love the way you smell after a bath.
I love the way you cuddle up to me right after you've woken up.
I love that you love to "drive" my car.
I love the way you say "Honda".  It sounds more like "Hunda".
I love when you're in trouble and you decide to play peek-a-boo.
I love when you jump in mud puddles.
I love when you squeal going down hills in the car.
I love that you get so excited whenever someone comes to visit.
I love that you are so excited to see me after a long day of eating goldfish and playing cars.
Because, believe me little boy....I am oh so happy to see you.

Here's the thing Miles.  There is a lot to love about you.  You're easy to love.  And I promise to always love you, for many more birthdays to come...until the world runs out of birthdays.
And even beyond that.
xoxoxoxx
Your mom.

0 comments: