Friday, June 3, 2011

The ignored memo.

Today was my last day of teaching.  Sure, we have finals Monday and Tuesday, but this was my last day as a classroom teacher - my last chance to formally teach in a classroom....with students....that listen to what I say. 
This week has been bittersweet.  I've gotten notes from students and coworkers that make me want to curl into a ball and cry the night away.  Sweet notes.  Notes that make life worth living.
From this day on I am no longer a high school teacher.  I am now a volunteer.  I am a stay-at-home mom.  I get to raise my kids. 

I've got birthday pictures to post and wordless Wednesdays to show off.  I've got clever tidbits stored away in my head with witty titles.  But I am paralyzed with emotional paralysis. 
My emotions are all out of whack.  You see, no one got my memo that their lives needed to stay exactly the same while we went through this giant change.  Understandably people's lives are moving forward.  No one remembered that I have to have everything else exactly the same until I get back.  No one should be interviewing for my job, and my parking spot shouldn't be raffled off for next year.  I told you I was terrible with change.  I wasn't kidding.

0 comments: