Saturday, July 30, 2011

sentimental.

I am a sentimental creature.  I can't help it.  I find connections to people and things that seem over the top to some people.  So on Thursday when we moved out of our house of 6 years - the first house we bought by ouselves, planned renovations by ourselves, and sold by ourselves....I was a little sad.  It got to the point earlier this week when Dustin started making fun of me by saying things like "This is the last time I will hold my book like this and look at the fan like this in this house." or "This is the last dish I will put in the dishwasher in this house." 
We started out moving day with a lot of help.




We closed yesterday and I made a little video for my sons.  I have to admit that I finally let the tears flow while I was recording it.  However, when I was pulling away from the place I call home - the place I brought home my sons.....I noticed that without us it was just an empty shell....waiting for the next person to fill it with love.

1 comments:

Cori said... Best Blogger Tips[Reply to comment]Best Blogger Templates

"This is the last dish I will put in the dishwasher in this house."---Frankly, this sort of thing would make me cry, too. I am like you, I would cry leaving apartments. Although a house is just a house, mourning the "home" is a sad thing. Best wishes as you build your new home and fill it with new memories and clean dishes in the dishwasher.