Friday, August 19, 2011

Mini Posts

  •  Today Liam got his first official haircut.  He looks like such a handsome little boy.  See for yourself:        You may remember that he received this haircut a few months ago, but it doesn't really count because it wasn't by a real stylist (sorry mom) and he pretty much just looked the same.  This time he has lost his little baby look which made this momma pretty darn sad....not to be overshadowed by the fact that he may be the only 20 month old to receive his first haircut....and still not really need one.






  • Besides Zippy.  Have any of you read A Girl Named Zippy?  I'm a sucker for a good memoir - especially one that is funny and I can relate to.  That's this book.  This little girl grew up in Mooreland, IN and recalls her childhood in a small town. 
 

  • Speaking of books.   I am currently reading this book and love it.  
  • I read a lot of parenting books.  I use the word "read" loosely because I mostly just skim for quick answers, or only make it through the first half before I put it down.  (It has a lot to do with the fact that I don't think any one book is going to work for my kids.  No one else has raised my kids....no one else has walked into a room that's walls are FILLED with highlighter drawings done during what was supposed to be nap time....but that's a whole other post.)  I like this book because it is easy to read, and I have really picked up some cool ideas for how I want to raise my kids.  Word of caution though...this guy obviously has perfect kids that he can reason with.  I'm a little sick of hearing how Timothy is so responsive to all of his trendy parenting practices, and will jump at just about any suggestion he makes.  However, the point is that I was able to take a few things away from it that I will actually use.  It has been well worth my trip to the library.
  • Speaking of libraries.  I am now the proud owner of a library card.  That's right, I'm packing the plastic - the gateway to my learning - the reading rainbow if you will.  Since I haven't been allowed to own a library card for the last 6 years (something about my "village" not wanting to pay library taxes) I have gone a little crazy.  The librarians already know me by name.  AND I discovered two days ago that I can go to any library in the area.  Do you know what that means?  Now everytime I pull into a township I do two things....look for the local library and the closest Dollar General.
  • Speaking of Dollar General - new favorite store.  Every small town has one.  They sell greeting cards for 50 cents - who does that?!
  • Speaking of saving money.  I think I've mentioned that instead of getting a new phone I activated my father-in-law's old one.  I thought this would work great, but it takes me ten years to type out a single text message that is more than just three words long.  I can already think of 5 times today alone that I had something really witty and charming to say to someone, but couldn't get up the gumption to power through a text.  So sad.



I might submit this picture to a modeling agency for further work.
  • Speaking of my cell phone.  I put it on this obnoxious ChaCha ringtone thinking it would be funny, and a really good conversational piece...."Hey!  Look at my old-school cell phone!".  So far the only times it has gone off were in the pubic library and in the coffee shop where I was by myself and people just gave me dirty looks.
  • Speaking of dirty looks.  We took Miles to see his first movie yesterday.  We went to see Cars 2 at the theater.  It was so much fun to see his excitement at seeing the big screen and to hear him laugh out loud at some parts.  I loved seeing it through his eyes.  Liam on the otherhand only lasted an hour and then he and I had to leave to go buy diapers.  Liam the buzz kill.
  • And last but definitely not least:  My new favorite thing...crowded 4 wheeler rides right before dusk.  I love it (and so do my Aldo sandals).   

0 comments: