Saturday, December 3, 2011

Move me.

So we have officially been here for 2.5 months.  I know I write a lot about silly things like dying my hair, things I miss, and going to see Breaking Dawn (which is only silly to people without personalities),  but the truth is that I/we are here for a reason.  People email me or send me messages asking me about what we're doing.  And I want to tell them about all of the awesome ways we are making the world a better place, but the truth is that more days than not I wonder if we actually are  making a difference being here.  Don't get me wrong...I love it here.  I'm having a great time and I believe in this place and what it stands for.  But there are also many days where it feels like all I do is plan fun activities and organize binders.  Sometimes it feels like I'm having way too much fun to be doing anything really productive.

Sooooo...I'm here to tell you that this is going to change.  My goal is to start writing a post once a week completely dedicated to the work that needs to be done here/is being done here/has been done here/and why this work is even part of the landscape of Northern Ireland.  I'm going to call them "Move Me Mondays".  Not because I think any of you need to be moved, or motivated, or even nudged, but because I need to be moved, and motivated, and nudged. Although I adore all of you, I'm not doing this for you.  This is for me.  And my kids. To remind us why we're here. 

Because, despite what I tell everyone, it isn't for the chocolate biscuits.

0 comments: