Friday, January 6, 2012

Our Scottish Holiday

Okay....so by the last two posts it may have been a teensy bit obvious that maybe our holiday in Scotland wasn't off to the best start.  It is amazing how time can make you forget all of the bad, and cling on to the good, because when I think back to our vacation, I would say we had a lot of fun.  We saw sights we have never seen and I got to do it with my three favorite guys.
So if you have five days in Scotland, what do you do with them?
My five suggestions....
1.  drink milkshakes
2.  don't forget to take naps
3.  find the cafe where Harry Potty was written
4.  look at some old buildings
5.  watch Braveheart before you go so you know who William Wallace, and why he is so bad#%s. (Although def. not a pacifist, so inner-turmoil exists in my admiration for him.)

Gearing up for some Edinburgh-mania
 First we'll start with the pretty scenery shots that everyone is expecting.  Believe it or not I didn't take many pictures.  I just feel like a camera never does what I'm seeing justice....and this coming from a photographer.
Edinburgh

On the way up to Edinburgh Castle
The view from some monument that was really high up.  (I basically just went where Dustin took me and didn't learn the names of anything.)
Except this shop in the train station....I really hope they sell pastries instead of pasties.

Of course we had to take a picture of this. 
 Do you feel sorry for Liam and his lame view yet?
Well, don't....because it's not like he stayed awake to see ANYTHING.
Dude...I'm sure glad we paid for your ticket over here since you've chosen not to even pretend to be interested.  Sheesh.  Don't worry, I won't tell your dad that you think old things are lame.



Dear milkshakes in every city....we love you.
Love, us.



A train ride.  According to Liam...cooler than the old stuff.

Sterling Castle

Glasgow
 Glasgow was totally different, but very cool in its own way.  I loved the way the city was lit up at night, and we spent a good part of the day strolling through an old grave yard, which seems weird, but was perhaps my favorite part of G-town.

If the Irish don't believe in using unnecessary amounts of electricity to light...well anything, then the Scottish believe just the opposite. 


 What?!  Your kids don't embrace each other on a whim and love each other unconditionally 24 hours a day, 7 days a week?!  I should write a parenting book on how to raise perfect children, because these here children are just about the most loving and caring brothers around.
(We'll just ignore the fact that this was preceded by a tantrum the size of Texas and was followed by a shoving match that ended in tears....but none of you were there to see it, so it didn't happen.)

The Necropolis....apparently a Glasgow "must see" and we saw it.


So there you go....
We went.
We saw.
We laughed.
We cried.
We survived to talk about it.
The end.

0 comments: