Friday, February 17, 2012

Printed Fabric, DIY

Last week we made some printed fabric, which was quite successful and very easy.  I started out by buying a bunch of white pillowcases at the charity shop.  
We used block printing ink and a brayer to even out the ink onto a scrap piece of paper.
Some of the volunteers created their own stamps, and some used stamps that already existed. I chose to use a glass jar to create the circle that I wanted to print.

Here is my finished product.  I'm still trying to figure out what to do with my fabric.  I think I might make a bag.  Suggestions are welcome. :)

And here are some examples of what some of the other volunteers did with their printed fabric. Enjoy!



1 comments:

Jill said... Best Blogger Tips[Reply to comment]Best Blogger Templates

Love your fabric. I think it would make a very fun bag!