Thursday, February 23, 2012

Take me to your leader

This is going to be short because I'm sick.  Well, not this minute, but I can actually sit in a vertical position for the first time in 24 hours, so I'm going to take advantage of it by entertaining you with the natural wit and charm that just flow out of my fingers.
Which is not what was flowing out of me last night.

Not important.
What is important is that Carrie and Travis, Dustin's sister and brother-in-law, traveled all of the way over here to visit us this past week.  We had so much fun and I will post pictures soon.
I love having visitors.  I love having people that love us (or the idea of a vacation in Ireland) enough to spend their money and take off work to come all of the way over here.
But there is something.
One tiny little thing that disrupts my contented peaceful and happy life when it happens.
The begging in my mind.
The longing to go back with them.
The jealousy that they're returning to their homes, jobs, and lives.
I really am happy here.  I promise I'm not miserable.  This is just me.  I'm nostalgic and sentimental.  I cry when I see pictures of my dog or old house, or when I receive letters from my old coworkers. 
And whenever someone heads away from here and to their home - no matter where it may be, there is a tiny part of me that whispers "Please. Take me with you."

1 comments:

Wendy V. said... Best Blogger Tips[Reply to comment]Best Blogger Templates

This was the same nagging feeling I was having yesterday. It was just a sad day for me. I was in a total boo hoo mood. Excited to see you in June!