Wednesday, March 21, 2012

This moment.

On Sunday I was hiding in a closet and I thought to myself: if I could bottle up this moment...
Okay, maybe I should explain further.  I was hiding from my children.
Okay, that sounds even worse.  Let's try again.
I was playing hide and seek with my kids.  Legitimately.  Trust me.  It wasn't like the one time I told Liam we should look for his red truck in my bed and then fell asleep for 20 minutes while they ran around the house unsupervised.  We really were hiding.  And it was fun.  And I remembered how in love I am with them during these small moments.
I could go on for days and days... but here is the short list.
If I could bottle up this moment I would want to remember...
  • Liam saying "no thank you, I don't want to say thank you." when asked to thank his brother.
  • When Miles says "mmmm...that's delicious" after eating tomato soup.
  • "Heya." the local greeting they've both picked up from someone other than us.
  • Sunday and how they both woke me up with kisses and by saying "Happy Mothers Day" over and over again.
  • The way they chase each other around the house and laugh and laugh.
  • When I overhear them pretending, and it involves "Mommy" in some part of the plot.  I love that I'm a part of their imaginations.
  • How hard Miles concentrates when he is drawing something on paper.
  • Facial expressions on tiny faces....who do I capture those in their true context and nature?
  • When they both walked into our computer room yesterday with their matching pjs on and with hands folded and angelic faces asked "It's not to early?" (to get up)

0 comments: