Tuesday, April 17, 2012

Ten Truths on Tuesday

  1. Baby sheep may be the cutest thing in the entire world.  I actually think sheep are really dumb.  And I can say that without you all getting mad at me because I spent a big part of my childhood raising individual lambs, falling in love with them, and then crying in front of a bunch of farmers in overalls while selling them at the county fair.  But I still think they're stupid.  However, their babies are divine.
  2. Having my parents visit has been the highlight of my month so far.
  3. Liam's new thing to say when he doesn't get to do what he wants is "I have to."  No dude, you don't have to have Skittles for breakfast, and you don't have to hang off my neck.
  4.  I'm terrified to take my driving test here.  I have been able to drive for one year with my American license, and then I have to take a test if I want to keep driving in the UK.  To be honest, I probably shouldn't have passed the first time I took it 16 years ago.  Did you know they actually use their "hand-brake" here? -  As in the emergency brake that I always thought was for parking and to fill the hole in the console.  They actually use it at stop signs.  That is too much foot/hand/eye/thought coordination for me at this time in my life.
  5. Semi-sweet chocolate chips are super awesome.  My parents brought some over.  I made cookies for the volunteers and if I must say so myself....they were an amazing reminder of home.  It was the chocolate chips that made them.
  6. Sunday was super Skype-day for us.  Besides making me feeling incredibly popular and well-liked, it made me also realize that the people I love are not so far away.  Skyping = food for my soul.
  7. It is really fun to dream about your life when it is completely open.  We don't have jobs or a house or even a car waiting for us when we leave here.  I could easily give in to the reality check that is in the back of my mind and freak out about what we're going to do when we leave here in a little over a year.  However, I much prefer the dreamy - your life can be any way you imagine it - sort of approach.  Plus, it's a much more fun way to spend my time.
  8. Today I miss my dog... a lot.
  9. The days are so long here that I'm afraid nighttime is going to disappear altogether.  It's only April and the sun's up from before 6 to after 9.
  10. I loved the Hunger Games movie, but when I saw Lenny Kravitz come out as Cinna - Katniss' stylist - it may have made me the single happiest woman on the face of the earth at that moment.  I love me some Kravitz and I love me some Cinna.  It was like a big love sundae for me.  I'm not sure how I missed it in the movie trailer I watched 20+ times before going.
For the history of Ten Things I Know to Be True on Tuesday, click here.

5 comments:

Wendy V. said... Best Blogger Tips[Reply to comment]Best Blogger Templates

Love Sunday Skype days. The computer just stays plugged in that day because it works overtime. I finished the Hunger Games (#1 only) this weekend. I can't wait to see the movie. I'm sure Lenny is PERFECT for the part!!! And, good luck with the driving test. Thank goodness we don't need to take one in Belgium, but it is clearly evident by the insane driving. Maybe they should make it mandatory here. You'll see in a few weeks. Can't wait to see you!!!!

everythingismeowsome said... Best Blogger Tips[Reply to comment]Best Blogger Templates

I cannot believe they use the handbrake at stop signs~!!!! I never, ever use mine. I don't even know if my van has one!
Lenny Kravitz was perfection as Cinna!

neitinomad said... Best Blogger Tips[Reply to comment]Best Blogger Templates

The nights will be short. The "darkness" will come after midnight and the Morning soon after 3am.

Tiffany said... Best Blogger Tips[Reply to comment]Best Blogger Templates

Yikes.

Tiffany said... Best Blogger Tips[Reply to comment]Best Blogger Templates
This comment has been removed by the author.