Wednesday, May 16, 2012

Fieldtrip

Yesterday Miles' class went on a fieldtrip to the local gardening center, which I didn't even know existed.  It was really short notice and I almost didn't go.  You should know that I hate missing meetings (which I had to do), I am awkward (like most normal people) in new social situations - especially in a different culture where I'm not sure what to expect, and I was terrified that Miles would behave 10x worse if I was there to egg him on.  However, after giving every excuse in the book I put on my big girl pants and decided that this was one of the reasons we were here - for me to have these opportunities with my children.

I'm so glad I went.  Miles did a good job, and he kept looking up at me saying, "you're here with me?" which made my heart swell.  AND we only had one verge-of-a-meltdown, which in my book is a win.
Waiting for the city bus to take us to the gardening center.

Checking out the bunnies and chickens.

Following the maze.  They thought he should be in the front since he is the "man" of the group.  I guffawed.

Planting sunflower seeds.
This last picture pretty much sums up how my son and I are so similar.  None of the other little kids would eat their crusts, so Miles went around and collected all of their crusts and ate them.  I didn't know whether to be embarrassed or proud. 

0 comments: