Monday, October 29, 2012

The Day I Looked for Fall

 Last weekend the sun was shining, the leaves were turning as close to bright fall colors as they get in this country. My family was antsy for adventure. 

So in the spirit of adventure, we packed a lunch, a camera, and three little bodies into the car and headed out to a part of the coast we had never been.



I'm growing very aware that we are on the other side of this two-year adventure - the downhill, easy part.
 And I am very conscious of the fact that I don't just want to coast through it.

Otherwise I might miss this...
And this...

And the next 8-9 months could go by with me sitting on my computer planning our future instead of ever seeing this...


It is easy to be comfortable with this place now - it is like being home - so much so that I could become paralyzed by the fear of leaving to start our next adventure.

 And that could make me look more like this...


So lately I've been trying to create adventure in this place that has become so familiar to us that it would be easy to assume no more adventure exists.  

I still miss my friends of the Midwest, the dinner parties, and the pumpkin lattes of "home", but for now I'm gulping up the warmth and rooting myself in this other place...

Our Now Home.

0 comments: