Tuesday, August 20, 2013

Their next adventure...

Yesterday the 9 One Year Volunteers that we had walked alongside all went their separate ways on separate adventures.   Last week was really sad for me because I wanted to be there with them - saying "goodbye" and listening to them reflect on a year that inevitably changed their lives in many ways.

Then on Friday we got to Skype with them one last time as a group.  There was teasing, and laughing, and gratitude.  All was right in the world. 

But how would any of you ever know how awesome they were?  How could any of you possibly comprehend how this international team of volunteers made my life better by knowing them?

Maybe if I showed you this video they made for us, it would help:

To the volunteers I love and miss....
Here's to your next adventure.

xoxo,
Me

1 comments:

Dara said... Best Blogger Tips[Reply to comment]Best Blogger Templates

I loved your post on motherhood in NI. As a mum living here, I often feel people just hear the bad stuff about our little part of the world. It was just lovely to read your thoughts. I have been reading through some of your other posts and you write so much from the heart. Good luck on this next chapter in your life!