Monday, January 6, 2014

Day 6: Warmth


Today is the coldest day I ever remember recorded.  I'm no meterologist, but it's the coldest temperature I've ever taken notice of.  It's so cold that everyone has been told to stay inside and to not leave their homes unless it's an emergency.

Of course I wouldn't know since all I've done all day is open the door for three seconds to throw some snow out the door.

Today I am thankful for a warm house.

I'm tired of being indoors and sequestered to my house, but I'm in my house. My heat works.  My windows are drafty and old, but they're there.  Every once in awhile I have to stick my hands under the blanket to warm them as I sit on the couch, but I'm sitting on a couch.

The Year of Gratitude 

1 comments:

Julie L. said... Best Blogger Tips[Reply to comment]Best Blogger Templates

Hi, Tiffany and family! I am thankful that you are feeling much better, and I, too, appreciated God sending us His own "pause button" yesterday. We honored His Sabbath here as well by doing as little as possible. I have been going non-stop with the care of my Mom in our home and taking her to therapy and appointments. Also, we see my Dad at Restmor almost everyday so that we may cheer him on and check on his progress. That said, I cherished the day at home!! We will be doing two lessons in one this coming Sunday, Lord willing, so tell Miles to get lots of rest! :)