Thursday, February 13, 2014

Day 44: Long Distance

I'm convinced my life is much better and less lonely than it would have been had I been this person, this age, many years ago.

I think it is because the people I love from far away are so accessible, which wasn't the case when I first got married and moved away from everyone I loved over 11 years ago.

That winter was snowy and cold as well.  I was jobless and lonely.  What I would've given for a Skype conversation with my best friend or my Mom or even some person I barely knew, but looked somewhat familiar because they were also a Buckeye at heart.

I love Skype and Facebook and Texting.  Today I was able to have have "conversations" with my Brother in North Carolina, my Mom in Ohio, an Aunt in Ohio, a another friend in Northern Ireland.  I can send out a message and instantly have answers and updates from the people I love on the other side of the globe. 

Today I am thankful for technology.

I, like everyone else, have a love/hate relationship with it.  But for today I'm going to focus on the love part - the part that makes my life so fantastic at times. 

0 comments: