Sunday, February 23, 2014

Day 54: One-on-one



Having three children can be difficult at times.  There are challenges that come with having more kids that hands and a line of babble that never stops.  There are times when I feel like I haven't spent enough time reading with my oldest, or playing with my middle, or holding and cuddling with my youngest.  There are conversations that are started and interrupted and questions that go unanswered because someone walked in with a request that came with more urgency.

In the midst of this there is something that I've decided is the absolute best thing about juggling three little ones at once; it is the sacred moments you get with just one. 

They are those special moments with just the two of you - a long distance car ride with uninterrupted conversation and loud karaoke sing-alongs.

Today I am thankful for the extra time I got to spend with my oldest.

Free of little brothers and ipads and cars and trucks = a few hours of getting to know my little boy on a different level. 

0 comments: