Thursday, March 6, 2014

Day 65: Grace

Today started out in the worst possible way in could.  Without going into too many personal details about our struggles as a family, I will just tell you that we have really hard moments.  And sometimes really hard moments lead to what feels like really bad parenting.  Which in turn leads to really bad feelings.  Which eventually lead to really bad, emotionally exhausting days.

This morning involved a lot of tears all around.  It involved a pit in my stomach and a feeling of dread hanging over my head for the duration.  It was a horrible way to start the day.

So I reached out to a group of people that I knew would offer grace.

And grace they gave.

And eventually that extended to my children giving me grace.

And now I'm working on offering it to myself.

Today I am thankful for grace.

0 comments: