Friday, March 7, 2014

Day 66: Warmth

Tonight after Miles came home from school I decided on a whim to take a walk.  The sun was out, the snow was melting - leaving clean sidewalks, and the days are getting longer - it was the perfect cocktail for a perfect walk.

Miles rode along with me on his bike while I jumped over puddles and shucked through the mud.

I didn't realize until we were making our way down the hill to the wooded trails, but I haven't been on a walk since before our first snow....back in....good gracious, I can't remember when.  I mean, I walk pretty much everywhere here in town, but I haven't been on a walk for the sake of walking since there was no snow on the ground.

I can't even fathom how long ago that was.

Don't get me wrong.  I have loved this winter and all of the fantastic layers of silent snow.  I have loved the way it has slowed our lives down and has made everything a touch more lovely.

But being outside in nothing but a hoody and windbreaker - that pretty much told me exactly what I need to know about the desire for warmer, longer days that is buried deep inside of me.

Today I am thankful for the sun's warmth.

I saw ground I haven't seen in ages, and I can't wait to see how all of this snow will nourish our land.

0 comments: