Thursday, March 20, 2014

Day 79: Signs

Today was a beautiful day.  I got home from my art class to find my oldest out in the yard in shorts and a t-shirt.  I walked everywhere I went and did it with a light jacket on.  No gloves even!

The sun was bright.  The birds were chirping.  Kids were playing outside. And then I smelled Barbeque.

Barbeque....easily my favorite first smell of spring.  As I smelled it tonight on my walk from the car fixing place (a garage is it?) the aroma surrounded me and I was instantly transported back to the two other places I had lived previously as an adult where I could smell that and know the spring was right around the corner.  There is something about the first time I smell it that I always remember.  When the air is still cool and crisp and there is an excitement in the neighborhood that this might actually be IT.

And after this winter we ready for this to be IT.

Today I am thankful for the signs of springs.  

It is hard to be grumpy on days like this.  Days that remind you of the next beautiful step.

0 comments: