Monday, March 31, 2014

Day 89: Safe Travels

The older I get, the more anxious I get about traveling.  I imagine the worst case scenarios in my head and ultimately have to talk myself out of just staying home.  As I type it out, it sounds just short of crazy.  Maybe not even short of...

Today I drove with my kids across a number of interstates to return home to our house and my husband.  Through stages of heavy traffic, ladden with huge semis and speeding SUVs, I guided our tiny little tin can of a car home safely.  Cars tailgated me and bullied me into speeding up or moving over (of which I generally do the latter.)  I people drove by on their cell phones and with tiny movie theaters in their cars.  On those highways there were stressed drivers, fast drivers, distracted drivers, and probably tired drivers.  When you think about how crazy and dangerous the highway is, it sort of makes you grateful for the times you can get somewhere safely.

Today I am thankful for safe travels.

I feel lucky that it was uneventful and easy.  I feel grateful that today we are all safe and home.

1 comments:

Julie L. said... Best Blogger Tips[Reply to comment]Best Blogger Templates

A big A M E N to that, Tiffany! So glad that you arrived home safely. God is good!!

Love,

"Miss Julie"