Tuesday, April 29, 2014

Day 119: Later Days

Today was sort of a rough day up in here.  Without going into detail, I can just tell you that it ultimately resulted in my oldest son taking a massive afternoon nap rather than being at school. 

Which ultimately resulted in a better day overall.  I would even venture to say it resulted in a FANTASTIC second half of the day.

And at the end of that fantastic end of the day I decided to go for a walk after my two youngest children were already in bed.  And because the sun was still lighting the sky, and because my older son had a massive afternoon nap, I decided to invite him along. 

And it was a beautiful and gratitude-filled way to end my day. 

Something about the sounds of kids playing outside, distant lawnmowers, and birds singing at sunset really makes the entire sum of my insides come undone.

Today I am thankful for longer summer days.

More daylight.

Summer sunsets.

Days that seem to last forever.

0 comments: