Saturday, April 5, 2014

Day 94: Out

Today I spent the morning painting Photobooth props for the PTO carnival at school.
Then I spent naptime mending jeans and watching Days of Our Lives.

By the end of the day I was having an existential crisis.  For the life of me I can't figure out how people with little kids and no money for a sitter make art for the sake of creating and become part of the art community.  Maybe there should be state funded artist retreats open for everyone.  Like foodbanks for the soul.

Too much?

So last night when my dear friend asked me to join her at our city's First Fridays gallery crawl I was super excited.  I went home and checked with my husband (who had signed our oldest son up for swimming lessons every Friday night at 7:30 - who swims then?!) who said he thought it was also a great idea. (This is my translation - it was more of a literal grunt with a bit of "yes" inflection.) 

Tonight I put on a new shirt and red lipstick.  I traded my chucks for shiny metallic flats (because I haven't lost my mind y'all) and headed out to check out the art scene in P-town.

WHICH HAS CHANGED.

It is vibrant and well-attended and heading towards the parts of town it should be in. And the price was right = free.

Today I thankful for artistic experiences that are within an arm's reach.

Foodbanks for my soul.

0 comments: