Monday, May 12, 2014

Day 132: Tooth Fairy


When I dreamt of having kids someday I always went back to this magic of the tooth fairy.  I never believed in Santa or the Easter Bunny, so the tooth fairy was the most magical thing that I could never wrap my head around.  I loved losing teeth, and sometimes forced the process along so that I could be a part of it all over again.

So when Miles plucked his very loose tooth out of his mouth yesterday like it was nothing, I was so super excited (and a little amazed).  I FINALLY GOT TO PLAY TOOTH FAIRY.

It was simple really.  A little envelope with his name on it and a dollar inside.  No glitter.  No special note.  No "tooth fairy doors" to come through.  Just simple and mysterious - followed by many scenarios thought up and imagined by my two oldest.  I loved sitting there and listening to them spin up their very own mysteries.

Today I am thankful that I got to play Tooth Fairy.

It was everything I imagined.

0 comments: