Sunday, May 11, 2014

Day 131: Mother's Day


In the spirit of everyone posting adorable pictures of themselves with their mothers - here's mine.  Little did either of us know that she was probably already pregnant with my younger brother and my world would be turned upside down and sideways.  But in a good way.
And that I would eventually dress like a boy a lot but play Barbies like my LIFE DEPENDED ON IT.  All while wishing my life off the farm.  Or that in my teenage years I would spend an exorbitant amount of time eye rolling and wondering how my parents were so clueless.  Then later in my twenties wonder how they suddenly got so smart.

This picture is before all of that.  When it was just me and my Mom. 

Don't worry, it didn't last long.  Like I mentioned before, my brother was probably already threatening his surprise appearance. 

Today I am thankful...
...for my Mom.
...that I get to be a Mom.
...for my Mother-in-law.
...for my Grandmothers.
...for the women who treat my children with a mothering spirit.
...for the women who treat me with a mothering spirit.
...for my sons' teachers who are their mothers when I can't be there.
...for the mothers who show me how to be better.
...for birth mothers that make the difficult decision to care for a child while they are in the womb.
...for all foster mothers who make the choice to love a child that is only theirs for now.
...for the women that step in as substitute mothers when they see the need.

All this.  Today I am thankful for all of this.


0 comments: