Tuesday, June 24, 2014

Days 171: Bike

-->
Tomorrow at 1 am my dad is going to ride his bicycle over 100 miles into Indiana, then is going to rest for one hour, and then ride it a few more hours in another “ride” that is taking place.  Then on Sunday he’s going to ride back home.

Did you just read what I wrote?  ON. HIS. BICYCLE.  

And yesterday he got Liam to ride a two-wheeler for the first time.

Today I am thankful that I have a Dad who is healthy and fit.

Although, part of me is starting to think he is showing off just a bit.



Added 6/25/14:
** I must offer a correction to this post.  It turns out he actually did it all in one day - and the ride in the middle was 50 miles.  SO...my 60 year old father rode 100 miles in the morning, took a one hour break, and then rode in an organized ride for 50 miles, and then rode another 100 miles home to Ohio and was back in my mom's arms by 8:30 p.m. (Actually it was probably more like 9:00 since I'm SURE she made him take a shower first.)  It turns out my dad is even more B4d4$$ than we all thought.  (Did I mention he can also rollerskate backwards?)

0 comments: