Wednesday, August 6, 2014

Day 217: Perfect Timing

Today was one of those days where things were some weird mixture between laid-back and messy and intense all at once.  I still don't quite understand what happened this morning.  Let's just say I was REALLY looking forward to naptime.  (Let's be honest - I'm always REALLY looking forward to naptime.)

It was around 3:00 when all three of my kids were awake and somehow climbing out of bed like naptime was for suckers - which is against my rule that EVERYONE MUST STAY IN BED UNTIL I HAVE HAD ENOUGH TIME TO RECOVER. (which usually translates to no less than 2.5 hours on a good day)

Around 3:10 I relinquished all control over the situation by stomping around my house furiously, trying to get the list of things I hadn't yet accomplished done when I swung open my door to find this sitting in my entryway...

TAAAAA-DAAAAAA!
(this is where the angels start singing)

Today I am thankful for surprises.
And the little brother and sister-in-law elves that think to send them.
I'm still trying to figure out what I did to deserve such a sweet package.  While you try to figure it out I'm going to enjoy my third super fancy ice cream flavored chocolate of the night with a glass of wine.  

boo-yah.

0 comments: