Friday, August 8, 2014

Day 219: Ollie



Dear Oliver,

Happy birthday little boy.  I can't believe I've only known you 2 years, because to me you've been a part of my soul for eternity.

I am thankful for...
...your open-mouthed smile, because it lights up your face and makes you instantly the most beautiful person in the room.
...the way you come out of your bedroom with your blankie to your face like you're halfway hiding from the day.
...the way you chant my name like a cheer every time I come home after being gone.  Reunions are your gift my boy."Mommy! Mommy!  Mommy!"
...when you jump, because it is filled with joy.
...when you run after your brothers roaring, because you are so full of imagination already.
...your wily ways - you are a cunning one dear boy.
...your perseverance.
...your laughter.
...your first words.
...when you say "Iam!" for Liam.
...how you drop everything to dance to Rhianna.

Today I am thankful for you, little boy.

You are fierce, funny, and clever.  People can see it the minute they meet you.
This world was waiting for you Oliver.

I love you forever,
Your Mama.

0 comments: