Wednesday, August 13, 2014

Day 222: Only


On this beautiful Monday I got to do something so unique and so wonderful that my gratitude is in full effect.  I got to lesson plan.

Just kidding.  I mean, I did get to lesson plan, and the only reason I could do that is because I only had one child.  FOR THE WHOLE DAY.  AND NIGHT.  And tomorrow too. 

I think being a parent of any number of children is scary and hard.  I mean, I assume it is because everyone says so, but I was only a parent of one for approximately eight months, and I was so shell-shocked that I don't actually remember. 

What I can tell you is that when you are used to three under the age of six, having just one little two-year-old seems easy peesy.  ESPECIALLY if it is a two-year-old that never gets to do things on his own without his brothers. 

Bank.

Today and the next few days my parents have generously offered to keep my oldest boys in Ohio while I get ready for the start of school (something I've been conveniently putting off) and relish in this baby boy for a tiny bit more before he is going to the babysitter full-time. 

It's been pretty much amazing.

Today I am thankful for some one-on-one time with my youngest, and some extra time to get things done.  

My house is still a mess, but at least I have an idea of what the week holds.

0 comments: