Monday, August 25, 2014

Day 233: Weekend

Today is Friday and this coming weekend has been weighing on me like crazy this week.  I have spent the last two nights at work late for two separate reasons, am leaving to go up to Michigan by myself (to meet friends) and then will have to be at work late Monday night for Meet the Teacher night.  Guess what, I'm the teacher - which is never as much fun as being the parent in my experience.

So I woke up today with a heavy heart.  I leave in just a few minutes and I'm not looking forward to the long drive by myself.  BUT....

...when I picked my oldest son up from school today he was wearing a huge smile.  In fact, every day I've picked him up from school this week he has been wearing a huge smile.

A record friends.

Today I am thankful for a smiling boy at the end of a school day.  

I didn't know it could be so rare until I was in it.

0 comments: