Tuesday, April 18, 2017

Ten Things I Know to Be True on Tuesday


I haven't written one of these for a long time - maybe even since I've been in Northern Ireland.  But it truly is one of the easiest ways for me to put thoughts on paper (or computer screen).
  1. I seem to have forgotten how to be an artist.  I'm trying very hard to remember.  It has been replaced by other things that terrify me because they are not the things I thought would be filling my thoughts/days/emotions.  I'd like to go back to being an artist please. 
  2. I am now a part-time homeschooling mom. I'm not very good at it yet, but I'm pretty sure that's okay.  At least that is what everyone keeps saying.  We've decided to keep my oldest home for the mornings where I can work with him one-on-one, let him play and explore, and do other things that might help him show off his brilliance.  It's been a process, and we're still figuring it out. 
  3. This time of year is my favorite.  Sunshine mixed with rain storms splashed with perfect 70 degree days that require no coat, but also don't make your thighs stick together = perfection.
  4. Has anyone listened to S-Town yet?  I might be addicted to podcasts.
  5. 2 out of 3 of my kids do a KILLER impersonation of a T-Rex.  I'm not kidding.  I challenge any of you to try to do an impersonation that is even half of what they got going on.  I'm sure that can be harnessed in some way, right?
  6. I am getting the TRAVEL ITCH.  Like change of scenery, extended travel, living out of a backpack sort of itch.  With not a plan in sight.
  7. This summer is an unknown for us.  Dustin might have a class to teach. He might not. 
  8. I don't function well when I'm waiting on other people to figure out what my life is going to look like. (see #7)
  9. Tulips might be my favorite.  
  10. This weekend was filled with friendship adventures, most of which took place outside.  The best kind of weekend if you ask me.

0 comments: